2015 Upcoming Events:
Author and Speaker
Nell will be speaking on “My Special Christmas” from Luke 2.
A Christmas experience in which I understood fully God’s great gift of love through Jesus Christ.
Nell is a writer, lecturer, motivational speaker and Sunday School teacher. Her column appeared
weekly in the Chattanooga Times Free Press. She is the author of 13 books.
She speaks throughout the state and nation and leads seminars for business, professional and church organizations.
Twice she has spoken at the International Women’s Conference at the Crystal Cathedral in Garden Grove, California
Nell feels her most important roles, however, are as mother, grandmother and great-grandmother.
TUESDAY, December 8th at NOON
To make reservations:
Mountain City Club
729 Chestnut Street, Chattanooga, TN 37402
$20.00 Luncheon cost
$15.00 (Non-profit rate--for paid employee of a 501c3 organization)
MARKETPLACE BIBLE STUDIES
Beginning Oct. 5-Janice Meissner--423-242-5514--Wally's East Ridge-
The 7 Experiment Staging Your Own Mutiny Against Excess
Beginning-Aug. 27--Kathryn Geddie--Philipians/TVA
Beginning-Sept. 29--Patti Harris--Fearless--SunTrust Downtown
Beginning Oct. 6--Rosalyn Hickman--Titus 2--AIM Center Downtown
Beginning-Oct.6 --Flo Samuels--Lee Hwy/Hickory Valley Retirement Center(Twice Monthly)
Beginning Sept. 2--Cara Hicks--Women in the Word--SunTrust Downtown
Beginning Sept. 23--Pauline Field--7 am--Calvary Chapel Cafe--Hebrews/St.Elmo
Beginning Oct. 7--Marcia Phillips--Lies Women Believe & The Truth that Sets Them Free--Dowtown YMCA-11:15 to 11:45 am
Call 698-6262 or email
to join a Bible study today!
Bethany Christian Services
We have 25 - 7 ½ foot Christmas trees, pre-lit with white lights for sale! Trees are 43 in in diameter at bottom. Cost is $50 per tree with discount available if multiple trees purchased. Trees were used for an event, and are all in boxes. We also have about 15 wooden pedestals that are available to stagger the trees. Please contact Debbie Cordell at Bethany Christian Services if interested – 423.622.7360 or
Fairfield Inn & Suites --Breakfast Attendant ad:
Energetic? Out-going personality? Are you a “morning person?”
3H Group Hotels, Inc., is seeking a Breakfast Attendant for our Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chattanooga East/Hamilton Place location.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and friendly individual to join our team. If attention to detail and customer service is your passion, this is the job for you!
To be considered, you must be available to work early mornings (work starts between 5-6 a.m.), weekends and holidays. Reliable transportation to and from work required. All applicants must pass a background check.
If you have a strong work ethic, enjoy challenges and strive to improve your service to the guest every day, please apply in-person at Fairfield Inn & Suites, 2345 Shallowford Village Dr., Chattanooga, TN 37421.
The National Memorial to the Unborn
Those interested need to email their resume` to
It is a part-time position (15-20 hours a week) and starts at $10/hr.
Help Connect Faith and Finances as a Thrivent Financial advisor
What if your next career could change lives? What if you could succeed by helping others succeed? What if you could help Christians connect their faith and finances? As a financial advisor with Thrivent Financial, you’ll have the opportunity to turn these “what-ifs” into a meaningful career.
We believe money is a tool, not a goal. Our national, membership-owned organization of Christians offers a unique blend of faith, finances and generosity. With a full range of financial products and services, you’ll help people create a strategy that reflects their values, provides for their families and protects their future.
At Thrivent, our financial advisors focus on:
- Providing financial guidance that connects faith and finances.
- Helping our members to be wise with money, live generously and change lives.
- Strengthening churches or other groups they care about in their community.
As a Thrivent Financial advisor, you’ll:
- Have the freedom of working independently. You’ll run your own business with support of leaders and mentors.
- Help Christians meet their financial goals by executing our proven advice sales process with prospective and existing members.
- Explore with members the many ways their money choices can reflect their values.
- Help members feel comfortable and confident with their finances.
Successful Thrivent Financial advisors are effective at:
- Making approaches to get appointments. This is done by leveraging existing relationships, holding workshops and marketing their services.
- Inspiring others to take action by closing sales through analyses of unique situations. This includes creating a written recommendation based on the member’s needs, budget and goals.
- Maintaining ongoing relationships with members.
Thrivent has proven systems and processes to give you the support to help you learn how to successfully build these skills. Contact:
- Obtain and maintain state insurance licenses with required lines of authority (life, health & variable contracts) prior to the solicitation or sale of insurance products.
- Obtain and maintain FINRA Series 7 and 66 registrations.
- Pass Background and Credit checks.
Insurance products issued or offered by Thrivent Financial, the marketing name for Thrivent Financial for Lutherans, Appleton, WI. Not all products are available in all states. Securities and investment advisory services are offered through Thrivent Investment Management Inc., 625 Fourth Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55415, a FINRA and SIPC member and a wholly owned subsidiary of Thrivent. Thrivent Financial representatives are registered representatives of Thrivent Investment Management Inc. They are also licensed insurance agents/producers of Thrivent. For additional important information, visit Thrivent.com/disclosures.