2016 Upcoming Events:
June 30, Thursday
Time – TBD
If interested call 423-698-6262 or
MARKETPLACE BIBLE STUDIES
Classes are open to all women and will be held
once per week at lunchtime.
We are in the process of recruiting teachers and
businesses that would be willing to allow
us to come in and teach a Bible study class.
If you would be willing to serve in this way, please contact:
Patti Harris at 698-6262 or e-mail
Monday's 11:00 am-12:00
Beginning April 4-Pam Morris--Hixson First Baptist Church
War Room Study
Monday's 11:30 am-12:30 pm
Beginning April 4-Janice Meissner--423-242-5514--Wally's East Ridge-
The 7 Experiment Staging Your Own Mutiny Against Excess
Beginning-March 8--Kathryn Geddie--"I Saw the Lord"-/TVA
1, 2, & 3rd Tuesdays 12:10-12:50 p.m.
Rosalyn Hickman--Titus 2--AIM Center Downtown
(3rd Tuesday of the month) 4-5 p.m.
Flo Samuels--Lee Hwy/Hickory Valley Retirement Center
Pauline Field--7 am--Calvary Chapel Cafe--Hebrews/St.Elmo
Beginning May 4-June 23 12-1 p.m.--Dottie Stewart--Whole Foods
"The Personality of Jesus"
Call 698-6262 or email
to join a Bible study today!
Firm seeking a Receptionist/Administrative Assistant.
Duties include: Answering phone system, greet clients, filing and various
other clerical duties. Must be detail oriented.
Please submit resume to:
Elderly Person who needs part time help with light housekeeping and basic chores including driving her to doctors appointments. She has a cleaning lady so that's covered. Contact Jacque Lyons at '
A Customer Service Representative position at Precept Ministries International is a great opportunity to be part of an organization whose mission is to establish people in God’s Word through Inductive Bible Study. We are currently seeking the right individual for this position. Please join us in praying for God’s guidance and discernment in the selection process. If you or someone you would refer is interested in this position, please carefully read the job description to understand the necessary qualifications.
For job application information, please contact:
Jan Jeter (HR Director) -
| phone: 423-296-8583
Leadership Ministries Worldwide
Position Description- Brief
I. Position Identification:
Position Title: Bookkeeper / Administrative Coordinator
Reports to: President/CEO
Reporting to this Position: None
II. Organization Overview:
Leadership Ministries Worldwide (LMW) is a small not-for-profit organization that generates revenue from sales and contributions from donors. LMW has worldwide exclusive publishing rights for The Preacher’s Outline & Sermon Bible®, a 43 volume academic synthesis of over 200 commentaries, Bible sources and language sources, and all derivative works. LMW has a footprint in 172 countries and an estimated 1M users since its inception. We are engaged in developing resources, mobilizing trainers and empowering pastors worldwide. We have recently entered the mainland China market through a contract with We Devote, the most commonly used Bible App in China with over 10M users. And we are beta testing a new proprietary online training platform LystraGlobal providing training and controlled distribution of our Outline Bible Resources for thousands of organizations training Pastors worldwide. We are also developing an online crowd-sourced translation process to expedite the translation of our material into native languages.
LMW is an accredited member of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (“ECFA”). Learn more about the ministry at https://outlinebible.org.
III. Position Overview:
Leadership Ministries Worldwide seeks a versatile, results-oriented professional to join our team. We are hiring a full time Bookkeeper / Database Manager to execute all of the organization’s bookkeeping and accounting functions, manage the CRM system of customers, vendors and donors, assist customers with phone orders and to support other administrators as needed. Position targeted at 40 hours per week.
IV. Essential Functions: Applicants should have the following specific bookkeeping, accounting and administrative support experience including, but not limited to:
1. Cash receipts / Accounts Receivable
2. Cash disbursements / Accounts Payable
3. Cash Management
4. Financial Reporting
5. Human Relations Support and Payroll
a. From time to time, assist the sales team in answering the phones, and processing customer orders
b. Proactively organize, create and maintain up-to-date electronic files using Dropbox and / or physical filing system
c. Maintain a strict level of confidentiality in all aspects of the job
d. Perform non-routine tasks requiring strong judgment and initiative
Accounting degree or equivalent work experience
· High level of attention to detail and accuracy of work
· Ability to work independently in an efficient and effective manner with minimal supervision
· Solid time management and organizational skills with the ability to adapt to change, multi-task and be flexible
· Ability to deal with problems in a positive manner and find effective solutions or know where to seek assistance
· Ability to prioritize competing demands to efficiently complete tasks with deadlines
· Professional phone etiquette
· Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
· Ability to manage work and projects to meet Deadlines
· Able to write reports, business correspondence
· Is completely Trustworthy
· Comfortable working with people from other cultures and backgrounds
Key Technical Skills:
· Strong accounting background working with receivables, payables, payroll, budgeting, and general bookkeeping and not-for-profit fund accounting
· Prior experience using online accounting software, Acumatica preferred. Experience in Microsoft Dynamics SL will prove to be beneficial.
· Prior experience tracking donor contributions, including pledges, using donor software, Acumatica preferred
· Intermediate level computer literacy in the following applications: Microsoft Outlook, Dropbox; Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Power Point; ability to learn other computer programs, as needed
The Bookkeeper Reports to the President/CEO and has no direct reports.
Republic Parking (posted April 5)
Must be 18, healthy enough to walk the entire shift (with breaks of course), and competent to use a tablet type computer.
The duties involve walking assigned lots and writing tickets to violators.
I have one specific opening for a M-F 9a-3p. The other openings require flexibility to include some nights and weekends.
Resumes can be sent to me at
Communications Manager--AMG International (posted 3-24-16)
. Must have outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal; professional presentational skills and high attention to detail.
Creative and well organized. Strong marketing knowledge is desirable.
Solid theology background. Self starter with ability to handle many tasks and projects simultaneously.
Willing to travel as needed. Experience in successfully developing and executing strategic communication plans.
Grant writing experience helpful. Three to five years experience preferred.
Email resume and salary requirements to:
Brainerd United Methodist Church (BUMC)
Family Ministry Director
I. Summary of Position
A leadership staff position that will provide vision, energy, oversight, and daily direction to all aspects of Family Ministry including infants through Young Adult; enthusiastically implements vision and values throughout children’s and student ministries; keep before the church body, staff, and elders a vision of the necessity of winning Families to Christ and discipling them to greater maturity.
II. Job Responsibilities
- 1. Vision:
- · Implement and articulate BUMC strategy for growth in the areas of Children, Youth, Young Adults, Families and Outreach.
- · Keep current with innovations in children’s, student and family-focused ministries.
- · Serve as an advocate for Family Ministry before staff and congregation.
- 2. Programming:
- · Direct and foster growth in the Youth Program with the Youth Ministry Assistant
- · Coordinate Family Ministry programs with the Children’s Ministry Director that will help children, students and families embrace Christ.
- · Develop and direct Outreach opportunities through family and community leaders, with the assistance of the Lay Outreach Director.
- · Create a Young Adult Ministry to reach individuals in the target age of 18-25
- · Equip and partner with parents by equipping them with resources to become actively and intentionally involved in the spiritual formation and discipleship of their families.
- 3. Leadership:
- · Lead coordinators, teachers, and other volunteers in the Children’s & Student Ministry
- · Assist and participate in budget development, implementation, and accountability in the areas of Youth, Young Adults and Outreach.
- 4. Shepherding:
- · Assist in directing people to help with and pray about special needs of students and their families.
- · Serve as a healthy role model of leadership, sharing the grace of Jesus.
- · Provide children and family direct pastoral care as appropriate, or resources to nurture healthy families
- · Build relationships with families –children, youth, and their parents; advocate for children, youth, and families within the congregation
- III. Qualifications and Skills:
· Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
· Experience that includes working closely with families, children and teens; Ministry experience a plus
· Demonstrated vibrant progressive Christian faith and a strong public discipleship; Familiarity with United Methodist Church teachings a plus
· Proven leadership and management skills
· Self-directed and highly independent, but able to function as a team player and maintain positive working relationships
· Organizational skills for growing, mobilizing, and maintaining a strong and effective team and program
· Able to inspire, direct and motivate children, youth, young adults and their families
Help Connect Faith and Finances as a Thrivent Financial advisor
What if your next career could change lives? What if you could succeed by helping others succeed? What if you could help Christians connect their faith and finances? As a financial advisor with Thrivent Financial, you’ll have the opportunity to turn these “what-ifs” into a meaningful career.
We believe money is a tool, not a goal. Our national, membership-owned organization of Christians offers a unique blend of faith, finances and generosity. With a full range of financial products and services, you’ll help people create a strategy that reflects their values, provides for their families and protects their future.
At Thrivent, our financial advisors focus on:
Providing financial guidance that connects faith and finances.
Helping our members to be wise with money, live generously and change lives.
Strengthening churches or other groups they care about in their community.
As a Thrivent Financial advisor, you’ll:
Have the freedom of working independently. You’ll run your own business with support of leaders and mentors.
Help Christians meet their financial goals by executing our proven advice sales process with prospective and existing members.
Explore with members the many ways their money choices can reflect their values.
Help members feel comfortable and confident with their finances.
Successful Thrivent Financial advisors are effective at:
Making approaches to get appointments. This is done by leveraging existing relationships, holding workshops and marketing their services.
Inspiring others to take action by closing sales through analyses of unique situations. This includes creating a written recommendation based on the member’s needs, budget and goals.
Maintaining ongoing relationships with members.
Thrivent has proven systems and processes to give you the support to help you learn how to successfully build these skills. Contact:
Obtain and maintain state insurance licenses with required lines of authority (life, health & variable contracts) prior to the solicitation or sale of insurance products.
Obtain and maintain FINRA Series 7 and 66 registrations.
Pass Background and Credit checks.
Insurance products issued or offered by Thrivent Financial, the marketing name for Thrivent Financial for Lutherans, Appleton, WI. Not all products are available in all states. Securities and investment advisory services are offered through Thrivent Investment Management Inc., 625 Fourth Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55415, a FINRA and SIPC member and a wholly owned subsidiary of Thrivent. Thrivent Financial representatives are registered representatives of Thrivent Investment Management Inc. They are also licensed insurance agents/producers of Thrivent. For additional important information, visit Thrivent.com/disclosures.
Fairfield Inn & Suites --Breakfast Attendant ad:
Energetic? Out-going personality? Are you a “morning person?”
3H Group Hotels, Inc., is seeking a Breakfast Attendant for our Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chattanooga East/Hamilton Place location.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and friendly individual to join our team. If attention to detail and customrder service is your passion, this is the job for you!
To be considered, you must be available to work early mornings (work starts between 5-6 a.m.), weekends and holidays. Reliable transportation to and from work required. All applicants must pass a background check.
If you have a strong work ethic, enjoy challenges and strive to improve your service to the guest every day, please apply in-person at Fairfield Inn & Suites, 2345 Shallowford Village Dr., Chattanooga, TN 37421.